Welcoming October means our Octoberfest fair is right around the corner! Save the date – October 26, 2-5 pm with the basket drawing 5-6 pm. There will be a rock wall, confetti eggs, games, petting zoo, kiddie train, inflatables, and so much more.
- Halloween costumes are allowed (nothing scary please because we will have littles in attendance).
- We will have a student cake decorating contest. More info about this contest and the very popular cake walk coming soon!
- The house with the most volunteers during Octoberfest will be rewarded with house points. When you sign up, add the house color in the comment section. One color per shift please. Sign up here.
- Have a middle or high schooler in the house that needs community service hours? They can sign up to volunteer during our event too!
- Thank you to our current platinum sponsors: Badger Custom Homes, Blue Horizons Home Hospice, CG Bot LLC, Cunningham Orthodontics, The Melissa and Amy Team – Realty Austin, and Wildey Pediatric Dentistry. Do you work at or own a local business? We are still accepting sponsors and silent auction items. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for info.
- Pre-sale ticket forms were sent home in Thursday folders or you can purchase online.
This Saturday, October 5, 8-10 am, the Gardening Club will be in the front of the school to continue beautifying our school entrance. The front flower beds of DSE are looking fabulous and next in line are the back flower beds! We could use more green thumbs or just your time to help maintain this project. Join the conversation to stay informed: https://www.facebook.com/groups/368647934065731/
Have you seen the information about Reflections that was sent home in Thursday folders? Reflections is a fine arts competition going on now at DSE! A student can enter in the following categories: photography, music composition, film production, literature, dance choreography, and visual arts. They just have to create something around the theme “Look Within” and turn in along with the entry form to the DSE front office by 10/27/19.
UIL has started! The coaches work with students to help prepare them for competition. Can you drop off snacks by 2 pm on a Monday for the coaches? On the day of the local meet, about 40 teachers stay at school to judge the entries, so we want to provide them with pizzas and waters that day. If you can help fill these spots please sign up here.
We have amazing teachers at DSE and we love helping them get ready for lessons. If you would like to volunteer once a week in the work room please fill out this form. The front office also has a wish list that includes work room items if you are interested in donating. https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/UATY576CYK55?ref_=wl_share
- One way to help us earn funds for the lower elementary shade cover is if you visit the local store called Jam Boutique. We have a postcard you can give at checkout or mention DSE PTA and 10% of the sale will be donated.
- Did you know that we can also earn money when you shop Amazon? Go to smile.amazon.com and choose DSE PTA as your charity. Every time you shop Amazon using that link, 0.5% of your purchase comes to us automatically.
- Box Tops – have you seen the treasure chest by the cafeteria? There are still some products with box tops that you actually cut off, but many products have gone to an electronic box top. All you have to do is scan your receipts using the Box Tops App.
- Thank you to those that were able to buy from Fredericksburg Farms. We earned 40% of the sales!